The 200-hectare Sibbald Point Provincial Park was once the estate of the pioneer Sibbald family.
Mrs. Susan Sibbald, purchased the property in 1835 and settled here with her four sons.
She named the estate after her childhood home, Eildon Hall in Scotland.
Her descendants remained here until 1951 the year the property was sold.
The Briars Resort is still owned by Susan's great, great grandson.
The family house is now a museum.
St. George's Anglican Church (1877) built by her sons still stands today.
Two famous literary figures are buried on the grounds. Stephen Leacock (1869-1944)and Mazo de la Roche (1879-1961) the author of the "Jana" novels.